Saturday, September 6, 2014

New online shop...

...new to me anyways

If any of you are in Malaysia and looking for a cheap plamo kit (either original or 3rd party), you might want to consider Gundoom. Found out about this shop last year but did not pay much attention to it since I just re-booted this hobby.
 
The shop is based in Johor and they only does online sales. The shop has a lot of variety and the prices are lower than other shops (online and retail). The only thing you might want to take into consideration when ordering are the shipping cost.
 
How cheap is cheap? We take MG Sazabi Ver. Ka kit for comparison. Here are some of the price list of some hobby shops available in Malaysia:

Shop 1: MYR 400 with 15% for members (MYR 340)
Shop 2: MYR 320
Shop 3: MYR 530
Gundam.my: MYR 322
Gwinghobby: MYR 315.
 
As you can see from the above list, the cheapest is from Gwinghobby with the price of MYR 315. The price for this kit from them is RM 295. The low price could be because of the Merdeka sales they were having but it is still a lot cheaper than other shops. They also have accessories like metal parts which I mentioned here and custom decals.
 
I recently ordered some kits because they were having Merdeka sales. What I ordered was MG Musha Mark-II Tokugawa Ieyasu Ver., MG Sazabi Ver. Ka, 2 nos MG display box, Sazabi metal parts and Sazabi LED Gattling Guns. From the time I contacted them till the arrival of the items, the service was excellent. They are friendly and ready to help anytime of the day. Believe me when I say anytime of the day. I once messaged them at 2 in the morning but was surprised to receive a reply from them a few minutes later.

They also have good follow-up. They will inform you of the tracking number once item has been sent and will ask if you have received the items a few days later and if everything is in order. Another thing I love about their service is the delivery of goods. It takes only one day to deliver from Johor to Penang. They send the item in at 5pm and the next day about 2pm the item is already at my doorstep.

If I have to complain about anything, it would be the replying of messages. It takes some time before they reply your message but I do not blame them. Just to clarify, their slow in replying is a few hours and not days or weeks which I have experienced before. Due to their type of business, I'm assuming they have lots of messages to reply and not only from Facebook. Anyways, I feel it is a minor issue. I'm happy as long as they get back to me on what I'm enquiring about.

All the above are from my personal experience dealing with them. Other might disagree with me but to each their own. If you are new to the hobby and looking for a cheap alternative (3rd party) or cheaper price for original, do give Gundoom a try. As for me, I will definitely be getting more stuff from them if they have what I am looking for. If you have anything to share about this shop, do leave it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...