Sunday, March 15, 2015

Secret kit - WIP 1

Secret kit revealed
 
Mentioned some post back that I have this urge to start building this particular kit. I also mentioned that 'I have all the necessary materials ready. There is this one particular accessory which I'm thinking whether I should get. If yes means I have to get another kit but the kit can be painted in another color scheme. Still undecided if it looks nicer with one or two. One thing I can say it that this will be a big kit'.
 
Did you manage to figure out what the next kit will be? The next big and I mean big project is none other than.....

Perfect Grade Astray Red Frame
 
I was deciding between this kit and the Mechanicore Zerstore. I had to pick this kit due to the several reasons below:
 
1 - The red I wanted is in stock
2 - Zerstore requires DVD for manual
3 - My laptop is out of commission
4 - My 2nd mech with katana after the Shinobi Red Frame
5 - Got all the necessary tools
6 - Heard it calling my name
 
I know the last reason is not valid but I just had to put it in. I had some time to kill before heading to work so I decided to take a few photos of the unboxing process. Will look through the manual to remove the parts from the runners into little plastic containers provided life doesn't get in the way.
 
 
Both the front of back of the box
 
I love the PG boxes because there are no front or back of the box. Both sides has images of the completed MS doing some cool looking poses.
 
Part of the side of the box
 
The side of the box showing how the completed kit looks like and the Gerbera Straight. I did not take pictures of the other side of the box. Think was either too sleepy to notice or was too excited to open the box to see what awaits me inside.
 
First sight
 
This is the first sight which greeted me when I removed the box. The best thing I love about this packaging is the way they store the blade at the side of the black-and-white art work. There is a small flap at the side which is the width of the blade. Remove the flap and you will find more runners for the kit hidden there.

Side storage for the Gerbera Straight blade
 
The blade should be sharp because it comes with a cover for the tip. I'm guessing BanDai included so both adults and kids won't accidentally blind themselves when they are too engrossed admiring the kit.
 
Blade of the Gerbera Straight
 
From my limited knowledge, all Perfect Grade kits comes with 2 booklets. One instruction manual and the other is the construction manual. This kit comes with 3 booklets. Actually it is only 2 booklet with a comic book.
 
Booklets of PG Red Frame
 
It is weird that BanDai decided to put the decal marking guide in the Instruction Manual instead of putting it together with the Construction Manual. Speaking of decal, I'm surprised that BanDai did not include any waterslide with this kit. They have the normal sticker and a rub on decal.
 
Runners of the kit
 
This is the entire runner for this kit. There are lots of parts but that is to be expected from a Perfect Grade kit. I have also bought a brighter LED to replace the one which comes with the kit and the battery for LED. Looking at the runners and thinking of the amount of work to be done for this kit makes me nervous and excited at the same time.
 
If the amount of runners and workload is not enough, I got myself the 1/60 Tactical Arms (TA) too.
 
Box of the 1/60 Tactical Arms
 
The good thing about this TA is it comes with waterslides. Some of them are for the TA itself while others can be used on the Red Frame. Did a quick glance at the waterslides and noticed that some of the stickers for the original RF are not available. If this is the case I might consider getting a waterslide from another source or just make do with the supplied stickers and dry transfer.
 
Waterslides from TA
 
There are not many runners for the TA (which is a good thing). There are no marking guide in the manual on where and how to place the waterslides onto the TA. Guess it will depend on your own creativity and each TA will be different in terms of decals.
 
Runners of the TA
 
With the unboxing and revealing of the kit done, now all I have to do is to find time to start working on the RF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...