Friday, October 23, 2015

Updates (5)

 Stickers be gone!!
 
You know that with any items bought from shops, there will be those pesky price tags or labels on them? Have you tried removing them by just slowly peeling them off and hoping that they do not tear and leave some sticky residue behind? I know I have tried doing that for years. Sometimes when I'm lucky, they come off nice and clean. Most of the time they will leave some glue behind and I will use something to rub on it until it comes completely off.
 
Recently I was curious to know if there are any methods to safely remove them without damaging the box or package. I asked around and did a quick research and managed to find 2 methods which works and they are all inexpensive and readily available in the house.

Using hairdryer:
 
Video is from Youtube. Click here if the video is unable to load
 
Using Lighter liquid:
Video is from Youtube. Click here if the video is unable to load
 
To tell you the truth, I did not try the hairdryer method. I have however tried the lighter liquid solution on the SD Knight Gundam box to remove the price tag. I was not sure if it would work so the first time I did it was by wetting the cotton bud and slowly rubbed it on the tag. It took a long time to remove and the result was not satisfactory.
 
Price tag for SD Knight Gundam
 
Since I was unhappy with the results, I tried the method mentioned in the video above. I doused the price tag with light liquid and left it soaking for a while. Make sure there are no open fires nearby else you can have a nice BBQ meal.
 
Lighter liquid used
 
Flooding the tag with lighter liquid
 
After that I slowly tried to peel the price tag off and it worked like a charm. The best thing about the lighter liquid method is that the liquid evaporates and doesn't harm the packaging. It can also be used on all kind of surfaces. Sometimes when the glue is too tough, it might leave some residue on the box.
 
 Glue residue left behind from the price tag
 
Do not worry when this happens. Just wet a cotton bud or your finger with the lighter liquid and rub over the residue until all the residues are removed.
 
Final outcome from the lighter liquid method
 
When you are happy with the result, stop and continue with another box or tag you wish to remove. I hope this will bring an end to your price tag nightmares on the box of your precious collectables. Feel free to share this method to those who are having price tags and labels troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...