Saturday, November 21, 2015

Updates (7)

New stock, new loot and some truth
 
Recently the stock came for two kits which was in my wishlist. There was limited stock for both kits but I was a bit strapped for cash so I just enquired about the price and availability for both kits. The owner mentioned that one of the kits only has 2 sets and one set was picked up earlier in the day. I then asked which branch has the other kit left and went about my day waiting for his reply.
 
Later I got a reply and he mentioned there is still one kit left at the branch in town and he told his staff to reserve it for me together with the other kit in my wish list. Curious to know what was in my wishlist which I managed to get my hands on?

MG Unicorn Gundam HD Color + MS cage and SD Wing Zero Custom
 
I was excited and very happy to get my hands on this elusive MG Unicorn set. I saw this kit once a few months ago in another shop. Enquired about the price and since I always wanted this kit when it was first released and finally found it in a shop, I wanted to get it just to be informed by the owner that the box on display is not for sale and I will have to order from him and wait come back at another time. Since then I have been on a look out for the Unicorn and can finally end the search.
 
As for the SD WZC, I was searching for this kit way longer than the MG unicorn. I have this idea of collecting all the different scales of the Gunpla when I was building the PG WZC. Since I have the PG and MG WZC, I started my quest for the SD and HG grade. The 1/144 scale was recently realized with the purchase RG WZC. I saw this kit for sale in other parts of the world and considered getting it from there if none could be found here.
 
Recently went to Borders again to collect some books I ordered. Before going straight to the counter to get my books, I made a beeline to the metal puzzle section to see if there are any new Star Wars metal puzzle. I was surprised to see 4 new kits available. With this 4 in my collection, I now have the complete set of all the released Star Wars metal puzzles. From the facinations website, there are 4 more kits which are coming soon and I hope Borders will bring them in.

Metal puzzles
 
The missus went through all the other metal puzzle kits and the Mars Rover and the Spirit of Saint Loius caught her attention. Guess I will build it, put it in a display case and gift it to her as a present. Speaking of presents, I think I better start one soon because Christmas is just around the corner and I need to make a nice proper casing if there are no nice ready made display case.
 
Recently saw this pie chart on Facebook on spending time building models. The chart is true expect for the blue (studying foreign language directions). I do not study the directions. What I mainly do is look at pictures and assemble according to the instructions. I do sometimes wish I understand what is written on the instruction booklet especially the information provided.
 
The most accurate thing with this chart is the amount of time looking for that one small piece which was there a few seconds ago. I have experienced this a lot while building the RG RX 78-2 and I got a feeling I'm going to experience more of this in future so I better find a better method to store all the small pieces before assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...