Saturday, January 2, 2016

Blast from the past III

Wooden gun

I recently had a discussion with the missus about childhood toys. There was this one toy which I remembered having and love playing with it. It is made out of wood and it shoots rubber bands. If you are one of those lucky 80's kids, you will surely know what toy I'm talking about.

It is the rubber band gun. You can reload up to a maximum of  rubber bands on the gun and it has a trigger and a wheel. At the tip of the nozzle, there will be a small 'chip' which will hole the runner bands to the wheel.

When you will the trigger, the elasticity of the rubber band will turn the wheel and shoots the rubber band. I find the smaller type of rubber band is the best because it has high elastic and when it shoots, it goes far or when shooting another person, it will sting.

Anyways, after a few days talking about the gun, we went to a night market, went into a shop and was surprised to see something which I did not expect. The shop was selling 2 different types of rubber band guns and it cost MYR 10 each.

I couldn't resist so I got one after I tried shooting a few rounds. The one I got had a minor defect on the plastic wheel which is easy enough to solve with my trusty side cutter.

Rubber band gun

 Do you all remember playing with this gun? I remember playing target practice with my collection of smurfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...