Thursday, March 2, 2017

Updates (21)

 A complete circle
 
Before starting this post, I would like to apologise for not updating this blog regularly. I have completed the Decool Bat-Tank but did not have the time to complete the WIP post. There are a lot of things which are happening. First off I will be finally taking the diving course which I have paid for since last year. This will be happening at the end of April. To top it off, there will be the audit which I have to pass which will be happening in May.
 
In the meantime, here are a few things which has happened in the long absence from the blog. First on the list are the Egg Attack posable figures from KidsLogic/Beast Kingdom. Originally I wanted the Darth Vader but since the shop has a buy-one-and-get-the-2nd-at-50%-off deal, I got the Stormtrooper with it.
 

After thinking about it and looking at more photos on the net, I originally decided to get another stormtrooper so there will be 2 to be displayed with Vader and the second one will be a sandtrooper. After thinking and looking at the website to see what other Egg Attack figures are available and thinking that is it pointless to get 2 of the same figure, I ended up getting these instead.
 
 
They are still in their carrier bag in the room waiting to be opened, reviewed, played with and displayed. That time will come in the near future but not sure how near. What I know is that they do look cute and they are very articulated and are able to pose them in lots of poses.
 
Another thing on the list to mention is about motorcycle. In the 'It's good to be back' post on 12th May 2015, I mentioned that we got a blue manual transmission 125cc Demak D7 Classic motorcycle. Have been riding the bike to a lot of nearby places and I am more familiar with the bike and its performance.
 
The Demak D7 Classic

Recently the missus got bolder and started riding on the road. She would ride pillion until we reach  the location where there is less traffic and she will take over the bike to ride. This is good because she will slowly get use to traffic and she got her motivation to ride because has her sight locked on the Yamaha Super Tenere 1200.
 
Since she was riding more on the road, we discussed about getting a proper riding pants for safety so on Thaipusam day (9/2/17), we visited Guan How Superbike which was location at the Juru Autocity. The purpose of the visit was to look for riding pants. Instead of trying on riding pants, we tried on riding jackets instead and manage to find one which we both liked. We didn't end up buying the jackets as the H-D jackets are still in good condition.
 
We were also looking for a 2nd hand Kawasaki Vulcan S bike to get so I can follow her while she rides and also for her to get use to the power and weight of the bike before getting her B Full license. At the shop, we saw a 2nd hand Vulcan S which is in a good condition and it comes with 2 Givi panniers, 1 Givi top box, grill protector, gear indicator and a windshield. The mileage is also low and the price is reasonable. Long story short: paid for the deposit, got the loan approved and bike was delivered the next week (18/2/17). 

 
Kawasaki next to the Demak

All I can say is once you ride this bike and have gotten used to the power and weight, riding the Demak seems small. Had to get use to riding the Demak when swapping bike with the missus. The good thing from this is that she is now more confident on the Demak and has managed to go on the main road and not feeling scared.
 
I did drop the bike once when going into a narrow passage meant for smaller cc bikes. When going slow, I accidentally hit the front brakes to stop and the next thing I know the bike is toppling down the side with the missus riding pillion. Lucky is was a drop and nothing happened to the bike. Lesson learnt: Never use front brake for slow speed riding. Now I'm just waiting for the time to come for me to just go out riding on my own to wherever I want.
 
The third thing to update or show are my hot wheels muppets collection. A colleague of mine just got into collection Hot Wheels and asked if I collect them. Told him only those which I am interested in and he asked if I can take some photos to show him.
 
 
 
 
The complete collection of Hot Wheels Muppets
 
Another thing I recently got is the Air Raiders. If you remember I did a short post about the Styrofoam Gliders from many many moons ago in the 'Blast from the past' post. This is basically a modified version of Styrofoam Gliders. The wings are bent upwards got it to do some air tricks.

 
Front and back of the box.
 
 
 
All 4 sides of the box

The content in the box.
 
They have a few version and the one I got has an additional spare wings for better air control when the plane is in the air. I have yet to test out the plane and how well they perform but it is something I will be looking forward to. If you see to the right in the top picture, there is an instruction sheet which guides you on how to perform the 12 air tricks.
 
In case you are wondering why the main title of this post is a complete circle, the explanation is simple. I recently felt like my hobby have come a complete circle from scale modeling to collecting figures to photography to riding and back to scale modeling. After the Nikon Vignette mentioned in the last update post, I have the urge to just go back to photography then to collecting figures because I didn't have the time to do scale models anymore and I'm into riding again. Will try to find some time to go back to scale modeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...