Sunday, January 5, 2014

Daban HG Sinanju - WIP 1

Started working on the Daban Sinanju. Was suppose to separate the parts into individual boxes. Only managed to separate the chest area before I became itchy and started the painting process.

Before I decided to start this project, I read on the net that a few people said they had eye problems after painting the by Sinanju. I thought to myself it can't be that bad but changed my mind after I saw the parts. The parts are so small and I was wondering if I should use the stickers instead. I was also considering to use the metallic gold paint marker but didn't have the correct paint brush size.

In the end, I tried to paint the parts using the Pentel Pearl Gold poster color. Manage to paint the chest emblem and collar. Had a few issues when cleaning the gold paint. I used a sharpen toothpick to clear the excess gold but sometimes the paint was too thick and ended up removing the whole paint on the parts instead.

Had to repaint the parts, wait for it to dry and then remove it again. Tedious work but I enjoyed it a lot. A more simple method would be the reverse wash but was on a budget constrain so I had to use what I already have at home. Here are the photos of the collar and chest area.





Next step is to coat them so that the paint will be protected. After that will be back to separating the parts into their individual boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...