Friday, November 4, 2016

Decool 7112 The Bat Fighter - WIP 3 (Final)

The Batwing and its glory
  
In the previous post, there was a problem after attaching the wings to the body. That problem has been solved. What was the problem? Honestly, I don't know. All I did was dismantle the base and assembled it again. After that, wings are suppose to be where they are and we can finally continue with the building process. I believe I might have miscounted some of the parts wrongly which led to the problem in the first place.
 
Finally we can continue with the assembling process
 
 
 
Guns and a portion of the back wing
 
How the gun is assembled to the bottom of the wing
 
There is a small lever by the wing which slides out the gun
 
 
Another portion of the back wing
 
Two parts of the back wing
 
 
 The flap on the wing can be opened 180°
 
One side of the back wing completed
 
The wings are attached by pegs to the main body
 
Left: Back wings in the closed position
Right: Back wing deployed in the first position
 
Left: Back wings being deployed in the second position.
Right: Guns activated
 
Almost completed Batwing
 
Remaining pieces for the Batwing
 
Left: The storage space for the Batarangs (red circle)
Right: Batarangs being stored
 
Missile for the Batwing
 
 Left: Missing the missile
Right: Missile put in place
 
 
How the missile is launched automatically. If you push the back down a bit more, the bar will pull the trigger to release the missile.
 
Brick separator provided
 
 
Batman in the cockpit ready for take-off 
 
Below are some pictures of how the completed Batwing will look like. Images from My Brick Store
 
Front and back view of Batwing
 
Left: Deployed wings
Right: Flight mode
 
 

Front and back view of Batwing docked at the hangar
 
Batwing fully deployed. Image from Monkeys Can Game
 
To conclude this review, below is a list of all the pros and cons and the conclusion of what I think about this set according to my personal experience.
Pros:
- Ready printed parts
- Good connection for most parts

Cons:
- Individual packages are not labeled
- It is a nightmare looking for the correct pieces
- The piece to open and close is the cockpit is loose.

Conclusions:
I love Batman and the Batwing since I first laid eyes on it in the 1989 Batman movie. I remember my mum bought me a Batwing toy when I was younger which I still have till today. The only thing missing from mine are the missiles.

1989 Batman Batwing Plane. Image from Google
 
I am happy to own and build this brick version of the Batwing. At first I was skeptical of the build quality because a few years ago, a friend of mine bought a 3rd party brick for her nephews and the quality was very bad. The pieces for this set goes well together and there are no loose pieces (except for the cockpit).
 
It is not an issue for the cockpit if the Batwing is only for display. The real issue comes when it is used as a plaything. The only way I can think of to fix this is to use Cyanoacrylate or Super Glue to glue the cockpit attachment piece and the swivel piece to the body.

For those who are looking for a non expensive brick set of Batwing, I will recommend this kit. It is a very satisfying and solid build. The only downside is it doesn't come with the Joker chopper like in the Lego set.
 
All WIPs for the Decool 7112 The Bat Fighter :
WIP 1 - Batwing? Bat Fighter? I'm confused
WIP 2 - Alfred, we have a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...