Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Updates (18)

Some unexpected find
 
Recently went to one of the shopping malls on my little island and decided to pop into a bookshop just to check out the magazines and some books. After checking the books, went to the graphic comics section to see if there are any interesting comics to get.
 
After scanning the shelves, this caught my eye:
 
A complete set of the Death of Superman.

This is the original story where Supes fought with Doomsday and died. This is where the director got the idea from for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. I was surprised to see the completed set all lined up perfectly. Usually there will be only one or 2 books and will need to go hunting for the rest.
 
Went to another local bookstore and another type of comics caught my eye:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt comics.
 
I didn't know they reprinted it in English. As far as I know 8 mangas have been released in Japan and I do hope they translate all 8 into English and are sold here. Just finished the first book. All I can say is that it is very exciting. Can't wait to start the second book. I just found out that youtube has the Thunderbolt anime for episode 1 & 2. All I can say is the anime and the comic does not end at the same place.
 
Now how I wish they will bring in other comics which I have set my eyes on such as Batman / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Batman: A Death in the family. I guess all I can do is wait and keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...