Friday, August 29, 2014

MG OO Gundam Seven Sword /G - WIP 8

The shadowing head
 
After reviewing all the weapons and different parts of the kit, it is time finish is off with the head. There are no gimmicks on the head unless you consider glowing eyes when the LEDs are on. As usual, the different parts of the head before assembly.
 
 
After fixing the mouth piece, I decided to paint the vent at the side silver. Hope this will be shown clearly when the entire head has been assembled.
 
 
After completing the head, I couldn't help but look at the head. I feel this is one of the nicest looking head I've built so far. It looks complex and futuristic. The only thing I didn't like was the 'ears'. Reminds me of elves from LOTR.
 

 
At this point I though I would assemble the entire inner frame together and do some poses for this guy but a thought hit me. Why don't I try my hand on shadowing? Might as well start with this kit since my plan to do shadowingon the Astray Red Frame (Flight Unit) was not a successful. Think the HG kits are too small to do shadowing without an airbrush. Here are the results of my first attempt of shadowing:
 
Comparison before and after the shadowing of the head.
 
I feel it is not bad considering my first attempt at shadowing. After finishing the head, I tried to do the hands next and this is the result:
 

I guess I'll be doing shadowing for the other MG and PG kits from now on. To me shadowing really adds depth to the kits. Now to go back to the weapons and start shadowing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...