Thursday, October 9, 2014

MG OO Gundam Seven Sword /G - WIP 10

SUIT UP !!
 
+10 points for those who knows the show and the character who likes to say this. As the title suggest, I will be putting on the armors for the MS. Took a while to complete the shadowing and I'm not sure how it will turn out once they are put together. Fingers crossed that they have a consistent look all around the kit.

Since we have assembled the inner frame in the last post, we have to dismantle them in order to put on the armors. As usual we will start with the feet and work our way up to the head (although I accidentally assembled the armor for the head).
 
Left and right leg before assembly of the armor
 

Pictures of the completed legs with armor:
 
 
 
 
Some photos with the GN Qatar attached:

 
 
After both legs are done, the hips are next to be assembled:
 
 
Once that is done, I couldn't wait to see how the parts after being shadowed will look like when they are together so I did a test fit for the legs with and without the GN Qatar:
 
 
 
 
For now I'm quite happy with the result although it was very time consuming. I was worried that I was too heavy on the shadow and parts won't look even when put together and also the white parts seems to be 'dirtier' than others.
 
Since I'm happy with the result so far, I continue putting on the armor for the chest section next.
 
 
 
There is a difference in the photos of the front shot. Can you spot it? It is a small difference but I feel it adds to the final outcome of the kit. Another reason for it to be there is to finish the dry transfer decals. Anyways, the difference is the decals at the bottom of the blue middle part.
 
Next up are the final section to put the armor. They are no other than the arms:
 
 
 
Now that all the sections are completed, the next post will be assembling this fella and some final thoughts on this MG kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...