Sunday, September 20, 2015

Updates (4)

An unexpected purchase
 
Heard of Metal kit before? I first heard about it a few moons ago when GN Particles posted his WIP of the RX 78-2. From what I know, there were limited RX 78-2 and Zaku II metal kits produced at the time. From that day onwards, I've been seeing a lot of small kiosk in shopping malls selling the metal kits but they are mainly of iconic landmarks. My search for the Gundam and Zaku II metal kits are still on-going.
 
Went to Borders a couple of months ago and to my surprise, they have some Star Wars kit on sale but what was in stock was the AT-AT and destroyer droid. Those did not catch my interest so I didn't get it. 2 things can happen from here on: 1) Hope they will restock it with other kits and 2) this is their only stock and when it is sold out, it is sold out.
 
To my surprise when I went to Boarders today, they have replenished the kits with a new stock. I took a quick scan through the piles and saw some new and interesting kits which caught my attention. They were also limited kits so if I pass this opportunity again, I would be kicking myself. Therefore I applied the saying mentioned in the previous post: "When in doubt, buy".
 

In the end, this is what I ended up taking home with me:
 

Front and back of the Star Wars Metal kit
 
Here are a list of how many remaining kits there are after my purchase:
 
1) X-Wing Starfighter x 1
2) Tie Fighter x 0
3) Darth Vader's Tie Fighter x 1
4) AT-AT x 3
5) Imperial Star Destroyer x 2
6) Destroyer Droid x 6
 
I'm now hoping they will bring in R2-D2 and maybe have a new set of model kits such as the Millennium Falcon or the Death Star. From what I can see from the packaging, there are lots of minor details where I might do some simple panel lining to bring them out. The good thing is that most of it comes with a stand so it is easier to display. I will mostly complete all and put them all in the same display case but that is to be decided when the time comes. Anyways, I'm very excited to open and start working on them.
 
Off topic, I suddenly have this feeling recently where I got lots of kits I want to start building right away like the Kamiki burning Gundam, Star Wars Metal kit, Penelope, Zoids, etc. Guess those will have to wait their turn until I finish the small kits which I did not touch since the unboxing I did at in beginning of the month. 
 
Last but not least: "May the Force be with you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...