Thursday, September 3, 2015

Some smaller kits - WIP 1

What is your scale?
 
Mentioned in the last post, I will be doing some smaller kits. When I mentioned that, I don't think these guys popped into your mind. I'm betting you are thinking in the size of 1/200 or maybe even SD gundam. I assure you that that is not the case.
 
I happen to come across them by chance in a sundry shop in my neighbourhood. I went there with my missus to look for some cheap hangers and toys for her nephews. While browsing the shop, I saw a few lego minifigures (bootleg), bubble blowing chemical and a few of these hanging on a cardboard. Did a quick scan through and there was only 2 different types available. Since it cost only MYR 3.90, I got them both.

Front of the box for Zaku II (right) and Gyan (left)
 
From the pictures, the company has the naming of the Zaku II wrong. They called is Gelgoog Ver 2 instead but I'm surprised that they got the name for Gyan correct. I do not know the scale of the kits. I'll figure it out when I get around to assembling them. For now, it is the 'tour' of the box and followed by the unboxing.
 
Right and left side of the box
 
Back of the box
 
Top of the box
 
As seen in the photos above, the front and back of the box has the same artwork. The only difference is that the back has a few pictures of the completed model. There are a total of 6 different kits available by this company. I wasn't thinking properly when I bought these kits. I should have bought 2 Zaku II kits so I can make one into a Char Zaku. Guess I will have to make another trip to the sundry shop.
 
Now for the unboxing. I will do the unboxing for the Zaku II first then followed by the unboxing of the Gyan.

Zaku II:
 
 Runners of Zaku II
 
Assembly instructions
 
Sticker sheet
 
That is all there is in the box. 2 runners followed by a simple instruction and a sticker sheet which I don't think I'll be using. I think I will try to paint the black parts instead.  Now that I roughly know what to expect, I'm guessing the content will be the same when I unbox the Gyan.
 
Gyan:
 
Runners for Gyan
 
Instruction sheet
 
Sticker sheet
 
As I predicted, the contents are the same. Same amount of runner, an instruction sheet and a sticker sheet which once again I will not be using. One thing that amuses me is the instruction sheet. The instruction sheet states Zaku II instead of Gyan. In fact the instruction sheet is the same as the one provided with the Zaku. I'm assuming the assembly are the same except for the sticker placement because the sticker which comes with the Gyan does not have as many markings as the Zaku II. This could either be a factory error or all the kits from this company uses the Zaku II instruction sheet for all their kit.
 
That is all for this part. As shown in the pictures, there are lots of color correcting to do for these kits. I guess this will be a great platform for me to try hand painting and masking. At least if I screw up with these two, I won't feel so hurt and bummed. I think I will first assemble the kits and do a before and after picture like what I did for the SD Epyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...