Tuesday, June 25, 2013

HGUC RGZ-95C ReZel Type-C (Defenser b-unit)

This is a new gundam model kit which I got from TRU. This model comes from the Unicorn Gundam series. There are a few reasons why I got this model. 1) It does not look like the normal Gundam Mobile Suit. 2) It can transform from a robot to a vehicle called Wave Rider. 3) It has very little colors on it. 4) The orange on the box art looks nice.

This is how the kit should look like when it is completed.

 

I was a bit disappointed in the orange when I opened the kit. It was very dull. So I decided to paint over the orange to a much brighter orange using markers. There are Gundam markers available for painting but the cost is too high. So I turn to other alternatives.
Since there are sharpies and some other markers laying around the house, I took those and tried it on the orange runner. The orange I used was brighter but the only problem is that is was not permanent and can be rubbed off. Left the orange on the runner for 24 hrs hoping it would dry but it didn't.

So comes the next solution to the factory orange. Change the color of the kit to either bronze or red. Since I could not decide which color would look nicer on the white and off white part of the kit, I printed the pictures above and did a test run.


This is how the kit will look like when it is done. Decided to use red instead of bronze. I feel red looks nicer and more aggressive. Have completed the bottom 1/2 of the kit and it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...