Wednesday, October 28, 2015

RG Exia - WIP 2

Not the usual process and procedure
 
Work for the head will start after the completion for the work on the leg. I know the head is usually left last to signify the end of the build but I was afraid that the same incident like what happened to the RX 78-2 will happen to this kit. So to put my mind at ease, I decided to build the head first.
 
The first piece I picked up to clean the nubs was the V-fin. I was surprised at how large the nub mark was.
 
My, what big nub you have?
 
This does not make sense because the V-fin is so small. Why did the designer have to design such a big nub mark for such a small piece? The thoughts that went through my mind was the designer was either drunk, too tired or had just developed some eye sight problem.

With all the nubs being removed, the head can now be assembled.
 
Pieces for the head
 
There are so many small pieces for the head. The first small pieces I encountered was for the chin. When I was assembling the head, the chin somehow did not want to attach securely and some force was required.
 
The completed chin
 
The other small pieces for this assembly are the yellow vents at the side of the head. They are hard for my fat fingers to hold so I used tweezers for some assistance. The blue strip is the next step after the assembling the head inner frame.

Blue strip for the head and one of the yellow vents for the side of the head
 
Originally I wanted to leave just the inner frame for the head but I could not because I have installed the blue strips on it and it requires the armor pieces to hold it in place. Once that was done, the rest of the pieces just add on and before long, you will have the completed head.
 
Completed head of Exia
 
I originally wanted to give this a matt coat but I forgot to bring it out with me when I was assembling the head. I also figured if I were to do a matt coat, I would need to coat the armor and the clear pieces separately so that the matt coat does not dull the clear plastics. I was getting lazy so I decided to go with another gloss coated Real Grade.
 
Gloss coated head after panel lining
 
While waiting for the gloss coat for the head to dry, I have started the next part of the build which is the waist and body section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...