Tuesday, December 8, 2015

D-Style Gustav - WIP 1

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma
 
I will be working with the D-Style Zoids along side the RG Exia. Since the Exia is almost at the completion stage, there should not be any problems if I were to start working on this. I'm going to do something a bit different. Starting from now, I will put a scanned image of the box art.
 
There are a few reasons which made me thought of doing this: 1) Able to appreciate the box art, 2) Able to help If anyone wondering how the box looks like, 3) If I'm going to do some painting, I can use the box art as a reference.

Front of the box

 

Sides of the box
 
From the box picture, you can see that a Zoids 30th Anniversary logo on it. I'm assuming that this D-Style is released in conjunction with the 30 years celebration of the Zoids line. I don't see anything special about this kit like transparent or special finished parts.
 
When I was removing all the parts from the runners, I came across something interesting which you will not find in any of the Gundam kits.
 
Parts painted in another color
 
There are 8 pistons which are pre-painted in another color while they are on a runner of a different color. After some thoughts, maybe you can find it on a Gundam kit runner labelled 'A'. Another thing you can definitely not find on a BanDai SD kit are details.

Details on the D-Style
 
Most SD kits I built does not have details like the one in the picture above. This gives me an opportunity to  try my hand on hand painting again and I hope I don't screw up. I'm still thinking if I should paint the kit. If I do that and I screw up on the hand painting, I will be removing the base paint as well because both paints are lacquer. Another option is to use Gundam Markers for the details but the tips are not as fine as the brush. Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma. Any suggestions from you readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...