Monday, January 11, 2016

D-Style Gustav - WIP 3

 Adding a little color here and there
 
Now that the holiday season is over and RG Exia has been completed, I can resume working on the Gustav. In the previous Gustav WIP, I mentioned that I am 'thinking of painting the beige color of the snail to another color.' I decided to paint them Orchid which was last used on the SD Blaze Zaku Phantom. I have also changed the platform color from beige to brown.
 
All necessary parts painted Orchid and brown for the platform
 
While waiting for the paint to cure, I started adding more colors to the details on the shell. From only silver in the second WIP, this is the final outcome after adding some gold, metallic purple, panel lining and a layer of Future.

Final outcome of the shell
 
For the shell, I hand painted two colors. The purple used for the 'caps' is the Mr. Hobby GX 206 Mr. Metallic Color GX GX Metal Purple...
 
Image taken from Station Game.
 
and the gold used for the border of the vents near the 'caps' is Mr. Hobby GX 209 Mr. Metallic Color GX GX Red Gold.
 
Image taken from HobbyDream.
 
The Silver and Gold used for the other parts of the details are from Monami. For the black, the Sharpie stained marker was used.
 
Monami Gold and Silver and Sharpie Stained used for the details.
 
Both the silver and gold markers are also used for the other individual pistons. 
 
Pistons painted in Monami gold and silver
 
I am quite pleased with the results of the pistons. If you look carefully, you can see the silver between the gold pieces. I just hope I did not 'kill' the tip of the silver marker in the process.
 
Now that two storage boxes are done, the next work will be for the platform. When the brown for the platform has dried, I tried to panel line it black but it did not stand out. So I gave it a more unique color for the panel line. The last time I used the Fluorescent Marker Green was for the dragon's eyes on the feet of the Silver Castle SD Epyon.
 
Fluorescent Marker Green
 
While I was trying out the marker on the penal lines on the platform, I was scared the marker will rub off too easily because it is water based and the first time I used it HGUC Rezel, it didn't dry even when I left it out for over a day. Since this works for the eyes for the Epyon, I tried to do panel lining for the platform.
 
With and without Fluorescent Marker Green
 
Both platforms after the Fluorescent Green Marker panel lining and matte coat

Now on to the third storage box which contains the antenna, main body and the seat for the pilots. Started working on the piece for the seats because that has the least amount of painting to do. Originally wanted the seats to have a brown color to it but my Sharpie brown was not cooperating with me so I had to change it to purple.

Purple? seats
 
The seat color did not turn out as expected. It looks very dirty. It should be okay because when the pilots are seated, there won't be a lot of the seats showing.
 
The part to work on is the antenna. Detailing have been kept as simple as possible. Only a total of four colors were used. Florescent Green, Gold, Red and Purple.

Complete and simple detailing for the antenna
 
The final part would be the main body. Some hand painting of the GX 206 Mr. Metallic Color GX GX Metal Purple was done to the 'caps'. A little bit of red for some details on the side and a bit of gold, brown with silver base, silver and blue was used too.
 
Completed main body
 
With that done, work can start on the last storage box which has the most number of parts but has the least amount of paint work.
 
Final storage box waiting for detailing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...