Saturday, March 12, 2016

Updates (16)

Busy, busy, busy
 
Just a little heads up on what will be happening to this blog and also to my life. Somehow I had a feeling that this year started a little bit different than the rest. Before I talk about what will be happening to the blog, let me first explain what will be happening in my life for the year.
 
All was fine until after Chinese New Year. This is where some of the things which I wanted to do or in planning stage became a reality. Let's take a look on what I have on my plate for this year:

1) I suddenly had this idea to enrol for a Safety a& Health Officer (SHO) course. It is a part-time course on weekends and the duration is about 4 months. Casually talked to a colleague about the course and it turns out that he was also interested the course. He was looking for someone to do the course with him. Long story short, I have registered for the course and now waiting for the course to start in May.
 
2) I was playing with the idea of taking up diving for a few years but did not really put any further thoughts in it. I am actually more interested in taking underwater photos but in order to do that, I will have to take up diving. Now how did this end up in my to do list for the year?
 
Well, it started out like this: One day I was discussing the topic of life plans with a  colleague of mine. I briefly mentioned about taking up diving and it was in a planning stage. The colleague mentioned that there is no such thing as in planning stage because it will never come true. You can plan for this your entire life but if you do not put it in motion, it will just be a waste of time, effort, dream and sometimes regret in the future. After thinking about it, I decided to ask the missus about her friend who teaches diving and as they say; the rest is history.
 
The thing I did not expect when enrolling for diving are the amount of materials I have to read and understand. I guess I will have to manage my time between reading the diving materials and the SHO course.
 
3) The next thing which is happening to me is a change of job. I applied for a job in a sister company and have recently been called for an interview. The last update I had was I was accepted and waiting for the offer/acceptance letter. This job has a higher responsibilities and longer working hours at certain time.
 
I am excited and yet nervous about this job because everyone will be looking at my performance. There are a lot of things to do and this position has been left empty for at least 2 years. There were a few who temporary took up this position but they could not handle the workload and requested to go back to their previous position.
 
I know I make the job sounds shitty but it is not. Personally, what you need to be successful in this position is interest. I feel that once you have the interest, you will learn and pick up things quickly. The job is somewhat related to the SHO course and I feel that this is what I want; a change in the direction of my career and it is time to move up the ladder. The bright side is if I am proven capable, there will be a 'promotion' at the end of the tunnel.
 
4) The last and final thing is the course which is related to point no. 3. This is a 5 day course held overseas which is organized by the company. In order to get the 'promotion', there are 2 major criteria to be fulfilled:
 
i) Passing the audit
ii) Passing the course
 
This course only happens once a year and I have to will pass.
 
So now this brings me to back to the point mentioned at the beginning of the post. With so many things going on in my life this year, I will not have so much time for my hobbies. I will still try to squeeze in some time here and there but the progress will be slow. This will also lead to less updates on the blog.
 
Rest assure that I will not quit this hobby because everyone needs something to do to relax and de-stress and this is my method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...