Thursday, February 12, 2015

SD Epyon - WIP 1

A twist in the kit

I've decided to start a new kit to take a break from the bad luck I've been having with the RG RX 78-2 Gundam. The kit I decided to build is the SD Epyon from Silver Castle (SC). This is the first time I've heard of this company. Here are the photos of the box:
 
Front
 
Gimmicks of the kit


Other models by Silver Castle
 
Picture of the kit
 
Seen in the second photo, this kit comes with a stand and effect parts are included. This SD is also able to transform into the dragon mode like the HG and MG counterpart. Upon opening the box the first thing you will notice is a poster and the instruction manual.
 
Poster of the Epyon
 
There are a total of 10 runners but not all will be used. There is a twist in this kit. SC provides not only an action base and effect parts but it also comes with an option of either clear or the normal armor.
 
Optional parts with the normal armor (left) and transparent armor(right)
 
As with all the SD kits, there will be a need to paint this kit to make it look decent. You will also have to be careful when removing the parts from the runners. The plastic is soft and might not be as durable as Bandai. The first thing I do is to separate the parts into their respective boxes and while I'm doing that, I've encountered with my first problem.

There are 3 parts which is not indicated in the manual and there are no X's on the parts in the manual. This is a minor setback and when I'm building the kit I'm sure to figure out where those parts go to. With the parts separated into their respective boxes, it is time to start the build of this little fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...