Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mechanicore MAS-15 Zerstore (Unboxing)

Limited release 3rd party kit

This is the unboxing of the highly anticipated 3rd party kit. The Mechanicore MAS-15 Zerstore or known as the RX-105 Ξ Gundam (aka Xi Gundam, Xi, Ξ, RX-105, pronounced "Ksee") "Xi" gundam in the gundam universe. So far there are only 2 batches which is limited to 1500 units for batch 1 and 2000 units for batch 2.
 
There is also a premium included depending the batch ordered.

Batch 1:
a1. Special silk-screen pattern on armor.
a2. pair of LED Saber
a3. 1500 box limited edition only
a4. Special packing box with random serial Number (#0001~#1500)

 Batch 2:
a1. Zinc alloy fin.
a2. 2000 box limited edition only
a3. Special packing box with random serial Number (#1501~#3500)
a4. A1 size poster
 
I'm guessing the A1 poster is also included in the first batch. I feel the first batch has a better offer because of the LED saber and the special silk-screen pattern on armor. I knew about this kit quite late so I ended up with batch 2 which has the Zinc alloy fin instead.
 
Here are some photos for the unboxing of this kit:
 
 Front and back of the box
 
The side of the box with a plastic cover for the serial number
 
The other side of the box and the top of the box
 
At the front of the box, there is a red sticker to show which batch the kit is from. Another indication of batch is at the serial number. Below the serial number is a print which indicates the Pre-order Bonus. From the photos there is a handle to carry the kit like the PG styled box which makes it convenient if you are buying it from a hobby shop.  I thought the packaging looks a bit simple with just a cardboard box and runners inside like the HGUC Neo Zeong. I didn't expect to find what I did when I opened the box. There is another box inside which reminds of the PG GP01 or PG 00 Raiser kit.
 
A box in a box
 
After removing the box from the plastic, you are greeted with a printed metallic sheen box like the Titanium Finish version kits from Bandai. I have to give credit where it is due. The folks from Mechanicore have really thought of the presentation of their kit and how it is packaged.
 
Some photos of the inner box:
 
Front cover
 
Sides of the box
 
Other side of the box
 
There are indications around the box which shows which batch was ordered. I really love the metallic sheen on the box. The bottom of the box is plain cardboard like the MG kits. Upon opening the box the first thing that greets you is the A1 size poster.
 
 
After removing the poster there is a cardboard insert which shows the back of Zerstore. The packaging is really impressive. This reminds of the older MG kits like Wing Zero Custom. I sure wish Bandai would continue doing this as it is nice to keep the cardboard in a folder with the manuals.
 
 
After removing the cardboard, you are greeted with the runners and a bag which contains the decal sheets, metal etched parts, instruction DVD and a parts booklet. 
 
Bag with the DVD instruction, decals, metal etched parts and parts booklet
 
Runners for the kit
 
I did not have the time to open and check the runners against the parts booklet. It is a habit I picked up since the shop I always get my kits from insisted that I count the parts before leaving the shop. I think it is a good habit to have to ensure that there are no missing or double runners. If you were to order online, I would suggest to do the same thing as soon as you get the kit because your purchase is still recent. It would not look good if you are to contact the seller a few months later to inform them that there are some runners missing. Chances are they won't entertain you and you would need to fork out money to get the missing parts.
 
That's all I got the time for unboxing this morning before heading to work. I'll be building this kit but first I would need to get some supplies before starting. I'm planning to paint the inner frame and have some of the parts in candy color.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I have the 1st release which don't come with printed manual. Possible to borrow it from you to make a copy for myself?
    ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinksimple, this kit does not come with printed manual. It comes only with the DVD instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...