Saturday, February 14, 2015

SD Epyon - WIP 2

This kit has a what?!?!
 
Mentioned in the last post that this kit comes with both clear and normal parts, I decided to put both of them on the kit. Just need to see which part needs the clear and which parts are for the normal armor. Another idea which came to mind is to paint some of the normal armor with candy red and leave some in the normal red. Meaning this kit will have 3 different colors. Still deciding so the best method is to snap fit and see how it all goes together.

After arranging the parts into their respective boxes, as usual I'll start with the legs and work my way up. Since this is an SD kit, the legs should be easy to assemble but there is another surprise in this kit. I'm sure you won't be able to guess since this is not common in an SD kit. No matter what I have to build this part of the surprise first before I continue building the kit. Does this give you any idea on what the surprise might be?

Manage to guess the surprise? This SD kit has an inner frame. It is not as complicated as the ones for RG, MG or even PG but it serves its purpose. Without further ado, here is Epyon with the inner frame.

Left: Inner frames laid out before assembly
Right: Assembled inner frame showing two thumbs up
 
From the pictures, I have used a normal red armor and a transparent armor for each of the feet. From what I see in the pictures, I think I will be using the transparent parts for the feet. If you are sharp you will notice that there are no polycaps for the inner frame. This is because all the polycaps are built in.
 
I've encountered some problems just assembling the inner frames. There are visible stress marks on the inner frame for the arms just by putting the peg into the hole. Not only that whenever I move the arms, the piece will fall off. To solve this problem, I used the hobby knife and made the hole for the peg bigger. 
 
This caused another problem. I accidentally made the whole too big and now the peg is loose. Any slight movement and it will just drop off. To remedy this issue, super-glue / crazy-glue / cyanoacrylate was used. Just put a tiny bit on the peg and leave it alone to dry. Once it dries, it will form a layer around the peg thus making the peg thicker.
 
Another problem I encountered are the hips. They are always tilted one direction. I have tried to shave off some parts but the issue still remains. I hope it can be solved when I armor Epyon up. Now that the inner frame is up and running, I can start adding on the armors and finally decide which armor parts to use where.
 
Here is a picture of the Epyon with the armor snapped together:
 
 
The build is tricky but nothing much to worry about. The only problem is the waist section. When I get the front and back of the skirt together, it will pop the side skirts. No matter what and how I try, I cannot get it to not pop the side skirt. I guess this is one build where it will either be in dragon mode or standing still holding it's weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...